The Authorization Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the flow of authorization processes across the client base and managing teams there. Authorizations teams monitors incoming patient authorization orders, gathers information needed to complete the pre-authorization request and finalize the scheduling of a case by performing the following duties
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
The Director of Authorizations’ responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Receive and process authorization requests.
- Review and analyze case alignment with medical policies and determine likely outcomes for patient cases
- Interview and assist patients with collecting authorization supporting documents, as appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate logs of open cases, related documents, action points taken with patients, offices and insurance companies.
- Verify all patient demographic and insurance information is accurate.
- Verify that correct CPT and Diagnosis codes are accurate.
- Communicate with physicians’ offices to ensure procedure is followed.
- Respond to emails, phone calls in a timely manner.
- Verify benefits for patients/clients on an as needed basis.
- Obtain, review and input insurance authorization and referrals prior to patient services.
- Accept phone calls in queue to assist with customer service, and direct appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize, set priorities, work independently and work well with a diverse group of people is essential.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with a strong collaborative management style.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations including verbally hostile patients and families.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of medical terminology, revenue cycle processes including: health insurance verifications, billing, collections, cash posting functions and coding is a plus.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and communicating in English. Bilingual skills are a plus.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary: PHP 23,000 – PHP 28,000