[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”10253″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_column_text]
Being a professional photographer is one of the most fulfilling jobs one can have. The profession allows you to live your passion while you earn by doing what you love. At the same time, you also help your clients preserve their precious memories from special events such as weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, and other occasions.
However, no matter how much you love your craft and job, it may come to a point when you’re simply too overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done. More tasks mostly mean that your business is growing, but it also means you may not have enough time to do everything at once.
As a photographer, you should be able to focus on your art while working to grow your business. These two main responsibilities can already take a lot of your time and attention — what more if you add other tasks, such as editing and post-processing photos and videos, to your to-do list? How about customer service and marketing?
In today’s post, MCVO Talent Resources Services, a competitive provider of “outsource staff Philippines”, shares some insights on how professional photographers can benefit from offshoring or outsourcing. More importantly, which business move is better for them?
What is Offshoring
First things first: what are offshoring and outsourcing? Let’s begin by defining offshoring.
Put simply, offshoring means having business processes done outside the country where the employer and their company is originally based. Companies usually offshore some or most of their processes to countries where labor and operation are relatively more cost-efficient.
Often, companies that offshore establish actual offices in the country they choose. For instance, American company Facebook has an office at Bonifacio Global City (BGC), one of the leading business centers in the Philippines. Many companies in the manufacturing industry also utilize offshoring.
What is Outsourcing
Outsourcing, on the other hand, refers to transferring some aspects of business operations to a third-party provider. Unlike in offshoring, a company or client can outsource processes to a third-party provider located n the same country. However, outsourcing to a different country with lower labor costs proves more lucrative.
Furthermore, outsourcing is ideal for smaller companies, startups, and independent professionals who do not yet have the resources and plan to establish their own office outside their country. Outsourcing is also more flexible. Clients can hire Philippines outsourcing staff on a full-time, part-time, or project basis.
Should You Offshore or Outsource Photography Projects and Tasks
When you choose to entrust some of your photography tasks and projects to talents in a different country such as the Philippines, then you are technically doing both offshoring and outsourcing. However, outsourcing can be considered more specific. If you’re not going to establish an offshore office that you will remotely manage yourself, you are likely outsourcing to a third-party provider.
Furthermore, outsourcing is more recommendable to professional photographers who often have a local, small to medium-sized business. Outsourcing can save you a lot of time and money, especially if you plan to outsource only a portion of your tasks or projects.
Which Tasks Related to Professional Photography Can You Outsource
Professional photographers can use the help of outsource staff Philippines such as what we have here at MCVO for the following tasks and projects:
- Photo editing – You can save yourself time and get more done when you outsource photo editing, retouching, and enhancement.
- Video editing – Same as above; you can meet all your deadlines when you take video editing off your own workload.
- Graphic design – If you offer artistic presentations and related merchandise, you can also outsource graphic design.
- Data entry – Outsourcing data entry can help you collate information and data efficiently.
- Digital marketing – If you want to boost and promote your photography business better, you can outsource digital marketing to our specialist.
- Customer service/help desk – Getting all those calls and communication is important. By outsourcing customer service, you can make sure every call and concern is attended to.
- Virtual assistance – Hiring a virtual assistant lets you ensure everything is organized and in order.
- Bookkeeping/accounting – As a photographer, you may not have sufficient bookkeeping and accounting expertise. Outsourcing these crucial tasks ensures that they are done properly at a fraction of the cost.
- Web design/refresh – Your website should represent you well. If you do not have a website yet or you need your old one refreshed, MCVO Talent Resources can help.
Get Topnotch Photography Outsourcing Services in the Philippines!
Are you a professional photographer who needs help with your extra tasks? MCVO Talent Resources specializes in helping photographers like you! Set an appointment today to know how our outsource Philippines staff can help scale your operations.